Monday, December 7, 2009

Donald says snow is yucky

Since Donald broke his other leg, and the temps have been in the 30's he's been spending his time being King Of The House. At first I did try to keep him in the barn with the other goats. He cried so much and so loud that I wondered if he really was a LaMancha. We decided that he could just stay in with us. That first day he started to go to the door when he had to pee, so that was going to work for us.

Today we woke up to 6 inches of snow and it's still falling. When we went outside Donald looked at me as if to say "what in the world is that, I'm not going down there." I told him "Fine, you decide if you want to leave the porch or not". A few minutes into feeding, and sure enough here he comes. The trouble with that was that the padding in his cast got wet and cold. So I brought him in and told Cae that he needed to dry his cast, and warm his leg as best he could.

Since then Donald has not left the chair he claimed, except the other time he needed to pee. I put a large flat box outside with cat litter in it for him to pee in. He's thinking that works just fine. He surely won't go out the door willingly. Not that I blame him, I hate snow myself.

Here's to wishing everyone a safe winter.
Lots of loves and Donald Kisses

1 comment: