Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy Hollidays to all

I hope that everyone had a very wonderful what ever you celebrate. We had a wonderful Christmas. The goats were so happy to get an extra nibble of grain, and a blueberry bagel for a treat.

Donald's leg is healing well, and he got his cast off today but he is still in the house for a bit. I don't want him re hurting himself in the deep snow and ice that we are battling here. Not to forget, that the temps have been below zero at night, and the high has been about 10 degrees Fahrenheit during the day. I know how bad broken bones feel in this bitter cold, so he still gets to feel like king of the house.

Since he's been inside we have been playing lots of games. He gives us kisses when we ask for them now. I'm also teaching him to dance. I've decided that since his cast is off, we are going to work some more on shake. It should be fun for us both.

I have discovered though that goats have noses like bloodhounds. If the pantry door gets left open he is right in there sniffing out the crackers. The other day one of the boys left a package of crackers on the counter, Donald was wandering around the kitchen for about 30 seconds tell he smelled them and started to get up to get them. Little stinker. I guess we learn something new every day don't we.

No comments:

Post a Comment