Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tip of the Day

Brushing your goat daily will help you to spot any sores or injuries. If you brush them in water from a running hose they will have less fear of water, and won't balk at water crossings. I also brush my boys in mud then wash their feet. By washing their feet I can also keep on top of hoof trimming, and any other hoof issues. Because I do this so often, they are extremely easy for one person to trim their hoofs. Big payoff if you are the only one taking care of feet.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Just wanted to let you know i greatly enjoy your weblog. I dont have goats unfortunetaly but i learn alot and enjoy the wisedom and love with which you write! Thanks :) Natascha
    I live all the way in the Netherlands (Arnhem)- isn't Internet great! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are enjoying it. I hope that some day you can have goats. They are wonderful animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, i hope so too :)
    Lots of health for brave Donald!

    ReplyDelete